Egg muffins are such an easy breakfast and an easy snack, since you can make them ahead and have around for those times when you need to have something on the go. I like making egg muffins in variations, when I make 12 I will have different veggies and add breakfast sausage for extra protein.
Let me know how it will work for you in the comments below!
8 ounces breakfast sausage
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
½ cup frozen chopped spinach
½ chopped onion
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 tspn of fish sauce
2 tspn of coconut aminos
- Preheat the oven to 350, prepare a muffin pan by spraying it with coconut oil or lining it with muffin cups.
- Saute onions with red pepper and spinach.
- Cut up breakfast sausage into small piecesNow crack the eggs and scramble them, add the spices fish sauce and coconut aminos, have the batter in a container with a spout for easy pouring into the muffin pan.
- Add vegetables and sausage in whichever combination to the muffin pan. Pour over the egg batter, fill it up ¾.
- Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the middle is cooked solid. Let it cool and serve. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it for up to 3 month.